ANNUAL MINISTRY REPORT 2012
- Education and Training
Gaura Purnima Seminars 2012
• 3 Day Seminar – Establishing Culture in our communities.
- What creates the mood in a particular temple?
- The role of leadership and Empowerment in our communities.
- Congregational Development all over the world: Learning from the field.
First International Bhakti-vriksha Convention in Mayapur, August 2012
265 leaders from 7 countries attended.
Activities by the Ministers
H. H. Jayapataka Swami (Co-minister)
- Kolkata Annual Bhakti-vriksha Convention in Mayapur with 1230 devotees.
- Moscow Bhakti-vriksha Festival
- Congregational Development Annual inspirational day in Argentina and Chile
- First International Bhakti-vriksha Convention in Mayapur
- Birmingham, UK Bhakti-vriksha Annual Mela
- Sydney, Australia meeting with Congregation leaders
- Dallas, USA Bhakti-vriksha training
Kaunteya Das (Co-minister)
- Introduction to Bhakti-vriksha Success Secret
- Spiritual Basis of Bhakti-vrisksha, Leadership Activities, Family life: The Basic Unit of a Vaishnava Community and Spiritual Care and Secrets of success in Bhakti-vriksha
- Gaura Purnima seminars 2012 – Bhakti-vriksha is based on empowerment; reports from various devotees on congregational development in their places; Congregational Developers as Cultural Engineers.
- Parikrama and training with 100 Bhakti-vriksha devotees of the Mayapur Local Preaching in December.
- Presentations at First International Bhakti-vriksha Convention in Mayapur.
- Seminars/workshops/personal dialogue or strategic planning sessions in USA: Denver, Boulder, Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Harrisburg, Dallas & Houston.
- Middle East – presentation to Damodaradesh, Gaurangadesh, Shyamdesh, Mathuradesh, Avataridesh.
- Congregational presentation in Ghana, Africa.
- Andhra Pradesh: Nellore; presentation “Unity in Diversity” in Tirupati retreats, with some 100 leaders from India.
- Karnataka: Presentations to all three temples of Bangalore, visit to Mysore and Belgaum.
Activities by South East Asia Regional Coordinator (Rasika Murari Prabhu).
- May 2012: Promoting CDM related Courses / Seminar / Training programs Malaysia wide.
- June ~ July 2012: Damodara card, brochure and CD discussion.
- August 2012: Presentation in 1st International BV Convention for Leaders in Sri Dham Mayapur.
- September 2012: Bhakti-vriksa Seminar for Melaka Yatra leaders (Malaysia)
- October 2012: Presentation in Hong Kong on Damodara International Promotion (separate seminars for Chinese and Indian devotees)
- November ~ December 2012: Damodara Preaching Activities (Malaysia) (Scores:Program=8000, Ghee Lamps=85,000 Prasadam=80,000 and Books=1700)
Activities by South American regional Coordinator (Manohara Syam Das and Premavati Chitra devi dasi)
- Seminar in Alachua: Introduction to Bhakti-vriksha and its benefits.
- Started a Bhakti-vriksha group, training for leaders.
- Bhakti-vriksha Atlanta Seminar during the celebration of Panihati Festival.
- Bhakti-vriksha seminars in Argentina and Chile.
Activities by Bhakti-vriksha Senior Coaches (Vijaya Venugopala das and Prema Padmini devi dasi)
- March /April 2012 – Jagannath Temple, Bangalore – Caring Vaishnava Leadership and Devotee Care – Principles, Guidelines, Best Practises
- April/May 2012 – Mathuradesh – Arabian Gulf – in 8 centres – Caring Vaishnava Leadership seminars
- June 2012 – Russia – Moscow – Develop a standard template for Strategic Planning for Devotee Care / Vaishnava Community Development
- July 2012 – UK – Bhakti-vriksha / Devotee Care seminars
- July 2012 – Russia – Moscow Bhakti-vriksha festival – Caring Vaishnava Leadership and Strategic Planning, Bhakti-vriksha development seminars
- Aug 2012 – Bangalore – Strategic Planning Model for Vaishnava Community Development and Care
- September 2012 – Russia – Sadhu Sanga festival- Devotee Care in Bhakti-vriksha and Success in Bhakti-vriksha
- October 2012 – Mathuradesh, Arabian Gulf- Guiding devotees
- October 2012 – Devotee Care seminars – UK
- October 2012 – Siwan, Bihar- Initial visit to the Congregational Preaching devotees
- November 2012 – Strategic planning for Vaishnava Community Development – Mathuradesh and Damodardesh, Arabian Gulf
- December 2013 – Moscow- Winter Festival – School of Bhakti-vriksha
Activities in Kolkata (Reported by Ashray Gouranga prabhu)
- Numbers of Bhakti-vriksha groups in Kolkata 140.
- Stress Management seminar in Chartered Account Institute of India.
- Bhagavad-Gita Seminars to OC police inspectors and to the inmates of Presidency Jail and Alipore Jail, who chanted 1 round of Mahamantra.
- Bhagavat Gita Seminar in Bikram Vidyalya.
- Sector Leaders Oriented Weekly Class which is compulsory for all the Servant leaders.
- Bhakti Shastri Classes which is compulsory for all the servant leaders. This idea was given by HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaj.
- Out of all the books distributed, Bhakti-vriksha topped the list by distributing 22000 books.
- Ekadasi program and Sunday program, congregating Bhakti-vriksha devotees chanting together and attending Bhagavatam classes.
- Ratha Yatra 1100 people registered Bhakti-vriksha entrance program.
- Damodara Program was celebrated in 150 places with the gathering of average 40 devotees.
- 3-day seminar by Jayapataka Swami Maharaj during Ratha Yatra, 3-day seminar by HH Bhakti Purusottama Swami in May, and 3 days seminar by H.H Bhakti Charu Swami.
- On Char-dham pilgrimage with the Bhakti-vriksha devotees.
- Vrinda Garden, Children’s program where the children learn Slokas, Stories, Bhajan, Kirtan and Drawing.
- Retreat Camp for all the Servant-Leaders in Khir Chora Gopinath, Orrisa.
Rs 15, 00000 were collected by the Bhakti-vriksha devotees for the Ratha Yatra.
Expansion of the Malaysian Damodara Program
- Programs (home programs and public programs) 8000
- Ghee Lamps offered 85,000
- Prasadam distributed 80,000 plates
- Books distributed 1700
ISKCON Prison Ministry
Srila Prabhupada’s Books: 2,251
Books by Other Devotees: 583
A total of 2,834 books
Publications by the Ministry
Our books for Kindle on Amazon.com:
• The Sector Leader
• Free to Preach
• The Bhakti-vriksha Leader
• The third Partner (English and Spanish)
• The Bhakti-vriksha Manual second edition
• Sri Godruma Kalpatavi
• The nectar of Congregational Preaching
• A Vaishnava in every neighbourhood
• Counselling in Bhakti-vriksha,
Materials in progress
• Sraddha-kutir booklet.
• Home program booklet.
• Siksha level booklet.
• Damodara catalogue in Slovakian.
• Congregational Development Ministry brochure in Slovakian.
• Bhakti-vriksha Manual in Bengali (Second Edition)
- Ministry’s website at www.iskconcongregation.com
Website in Spanish at www.mundonamahatta.org
- The Spanish speaking devotees keep using this site to promote the congregation news and learn more about our Ministry.
YouTube channel for Ministry at http://www.youtube.com/user/iskconcongregation
- With over 110 videos in English and Spanish presenting different ideas in how to expand the congregation development.
- We had a total of views more than 8000 views.
Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/iskconcongregation
- This networking tool is allowing us to have daily contact with several devotees around the world.
- The devotee in charge of communications post daily articles about congregation development and news about the temples and congregation groups we are in contact.
New Bhakti-vriksha Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/iskconbhakti.vriksha
- At least 30-50 new members are joining the page every day and the number as of NOW is 3,085 members.
- We created six promotional videos about the importance of the Congregational development.
- Four humorous videos about Prison Ministry, Damodara Program, Sunday Feast and Supporting a temple.
- Two introduction videos, one about Sraddha-kutir (English & Spanish) and one about the Madhusudhan Month.
- Maintain correspondence with temple authorities and active preachers to create an awareness of our resources in an attempt to support their efforts.
- Facilitate a communication channel between the temples and preaching centres around the world to share successful experiences and application of our resources.
- Collecting scores from temples, to ascertain trends in congregational development in ISKCON and to acknowledge outstanding achievements.
- Requesting nominations from GBC members for devotees who have made an exceptional contribution to Congregational development.