Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura’s modern-day Nama-hatta mission continued with Srila Prabhupada, the founder of the International Society for Krsna Consciousness (ISKCON), His disciples including HH Jayapataka Swami (Minister for Congregational Preaching), HH Bhakti Raghava Maharaja, HH Bhakti Purushottama Swami, and HH Gauranga Prem Swami have expanded these Nama-hatta by the thousands throughout West Bengal, Bihar, and Orissa. This enthusiasm has rippled out and initiated thousands of more Nama-hattas all over the world.
WHAT DO NAMA-HATTAS ACCOMPLISH?
- Provide regular opportunities to associate with devotees even if they live far from temples
- Support advancement in spiritual life for householders, even as they are busy with work and family
- Serve as expansions of temples to reach out and include all
- Connect aspirants to Harinam initiations
- Avail welcoming places for those who have received Srila Prabhupada’s books and other various newcomers
- Preaching facilities without taking funds from temple collection
- Facilitate practice for preachers, including young people and women
OUR CALL TO ACTION WITHIN THE NAMA-HATTA
When we regularly honor and remember Mahaprabhu’s mood and Srila Bhaktivinoda’s Nama-hatta method, we gain the necessary enthusiasm to carry out this divine mission. If we can get even a tiny bit of their compassion and magnanimity, our efforts for spreading Harinam sankirtan and preaching will be blessed.
Through sincere adherence to the Nama-hatta structure, the movement gets nurtured and grows. Bhakti-vriksha groups have been implemented through the Congregational Preaching Developmental Ministry of ISKCON in order to carry out the order of our “divine gardener” Mahaprabhu and to please our previous Acaryas including our Founder, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada.