The ISKCON Disciple Course is an online training program which deepens devotees understanding of guru-tattva and guru padasraya within the multiple guru environment of ISKCON. Designed for new devotees preparing to take initiation in ISKCON, the course is also recommended for leaders, preachers councilors and educators in ISKCON. The course was developed under the direction of the Guru Services Committee, with the combined efforts of leading educators in ISKCON. The course is based on the teachings of Srila Prabhupada and current ISKCON Law and gives reference to the writings from the broader Gaudiya Vaisnava tradition. The 14 lessons include Powerpoint presentations, interactive workshops, and assessment exercises.
How can I contact the course facilitator?
How do you assess the course?
Questions are to be answered in short essays. Your responses should be no more than approximately 250 words each. Some questions may require shorter answers. A minimum grade of 65% is required for an overall pass. The course has only two grades – pass and fail. You will receive a report of your assessment from your facilitator. And if needed, then you get the chance to improve individual essays to reach the passing grade in order to obtain the certificate.
Is there a time limit to finish the course?
No, there is no time limit. But you should attempt to conclude and graduate within 30 days.
What if my English is only basic?
We only assess course comprehension through the essays and not your English skills. If you cover in your essays the necessary points then you will be perfectly fine.
Don’t overdo it. We don’t want you to write lengthy college level essays. Rather, we prefer you to deliver essays showing comprehension in a concise manner.
Can I teach the ISKCON Disciple Course after graduating from this online course?
No, Online IDC graduates are not eligible to teach IDC on site campus courses. Potential teachers of IDC must attend, in person, an on site campus course.
Additional requirements to teach the ISKCON Disciple Course:
- Be initiated for at least 5 years
- Have completed the ISKCON Disciple Course
- Be recommended by their Disciple Course facilitator
- Have completed the VTE Teacher Training Course 1 (TTC1)* or have equivalent training or experience
- Have the approval of their local GBC representative
- Teach from the official curriculum, manuals and other materials as approved by the GBC Guru Services Committee
Do you offer refunds?
No, we don’t offer refunds for digitally delivered products and services. But may do so at our own discretion under specific circumstances.
Topics covered in the course:
- Guru-tattva and the Guru-parampara System
- Srila Prabhupada ISKCON Founder Acarya and Preeminent Guru
- Types of Gurus
- Relationship between ISKCON Guru and ISKCON Authorities
- Gurus outside of ISKCON
- Selecting a Guru
- Following Initiation Vows
- Guru-puja and Vyasa-puja
- Worship of ISKCON Gurus
- Guru-vapu and vani seva
- Developing Cooperative Relationships in a multi Guru environment