- Devotees should worship the Deity or picture of Radha Krsna.
- Every day, devotees should offer a ghee lamp to Sri Sri Radha and Krsna.
- Devotees should increase their reading of Srimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita. Especially, Chapter Fifteen of Bhagavad-gita, “Purusottama-yoga, the Yoga of the Supreme Person” should be read.
- Devotees should give in charity to qualified Brahmanas, serve the cows, and distribute prasadam.
- Devotees should bathe in holy rivers and associate with saintly devotees.
The Lord provides many opportunities for the fallen souls to easily attain Him, and the benefits derived from observing Purusottama month are an example of this. Whether one observes this month while residing in a holy dhama like Māyāpur, at any temple around the world, or in one’s own home, the immense benefit can be obtained.
The following vratas are recommended by His Holiness Bhanu Maharaja:
- The main vrata is to worship Radha Krsna
- Arise by Brahma-muhurta daily (1.5 hours before Sunrise.
- Take a vow to REMAIN TRUTHFUL for the whole month.
- Be careful not to BLASPHEME any devotee, shastra, brahmin, cows, saints, or one observing the Purushottama Vrata.
- Fixed increased chanting 25, 32, 64,128 rounds daily!
- Hearing/reading pastimes of Radha Krsna
- Worshiping Radha Krsna with flowers such as lotus or rose and Tulasi leaves. Offering 100,000 Tulasi leaves bestows “unlimited merit beyond the powers of Brahma to describe.”
- Sing bhajans and kirtans specifically glorifying Yugala Kishora Radha Krsna such as Jaya Radha Madhava; Radhe jaya jaya madhava dayite; Radha-krishna prana mora; Radha-krpa kataksa stotra, Nandanandana Ashtakam;
- Tulasi arotik prayers with deep prayer of longing and meditation.
- MUST OFFER Daily GHEE (pure cow’s ghee only) lamp to Radha-Krsna Deity or photo.
- Bathe DAILY in Yamuna around sunrise. Or if not in holy land then pour drops on head from bottle of Radha-kunda water or Yamuna after offering obeisances and prayers to Radha-kunda or Yamuna.
- Eating–Fast till noon and eat only fruits or just vegetables without any beans or grains.
- Take a vow according to your capacity to follow, and in no condition can one break his vow in the middle of the month